Saturday, January 7, 2012

Good Blogs/Bad Blogs



A blog about bookshelves and shoes?

There are good blogs and there are bad blogs. Mostly bad ones. I get asked often about the blogs I read, I don't know why but I do. So...here is my list for 2011 of the best ones and not listed but I will tell you about the bad ones too.

My first and foremost is http://fergieinfife.blogspot.com/

not only because she is a friend AND an actual writer but because she has good opinions, great pictures and an amazing life in Scotland. (sorry to use the word amazing, I hear it is one of yesterdays words, but hey I don't use it much because there are few things to me that are Amazing)


Mainly because Lucie is a love, love, love and she has this way of writing that brings peace to one's heart

How could I not mention http://ionasbreakfast.blogspot.com/

one...she is Fergie's friend in Scotland and two she started her blog to make fun of blogs like the above pictures and she took photos of her fashionable breakfast every morning. She is so funny and I learn Scottish words too. AND most importantly...she is a MacDonald. My Dad thinks every thing that is wrong with the world is due to the Campbells and everything that is wrong with the US is due to Cynthia McKinney. Now sadly her blog does not reflect her breakfast pictures because I think she got tired of counting. Two more days and she would have counted to 365

I did read numerous design blogs but I got tired of their free and not so free solicitations.

I could put this one in the bad blog category but it would be blasphemy to the Allman Brothers Band to do so. I do read but get tired of the rantings of http://thebutchtrucks.blogspot.com/ Bless his heart..I guess I would rant too if I beat a set of drums for over forty years.

I love this writer because he writes about places that were never but oughta be
http://philcomer.blogspot.com/p/about-phil-comer.html


On to bad blogs....

I will not list but I will tell you about one in particular that well pisses me off because she is
fake
self-obsessed
self-promoting
copies other people's ideas and words
and therefore it can be assumed she has no thoughts of her own
and foremost
she has REALLY bad hair
and taste (except when she is copying other peoples taste but then again that wouldn't be her own taste now would it?


3 comments:

Lucie Pollard Branham said...

Well thank you and well Amen. And well I've been missing a few I clearly need to be writing. But then you know I have your blog listed as one of my favorites. I just wish that juicy fruit blog still existed TOO.

littlewow said...

you are such a mama-bear!! I love it. Thanks. I'm glad you got my back. xoxoxo

Phil Comer said...

Thank you Dena! I so appreciate your blog and your support and mention of my "All Write By Me" blog. All best, Phil (aka Bud)