Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Natalie, I want to count your fingers and toes!

Natalie, I am ready to see you. I want to see who you look like. I want to see if the image in my head is true. Dark curly hair and blue eyes.
I am going to be in the labor and delivery room. So I am gearing up for that. I am pulling out all of the rational and sqaushing all of the emotional to see my daughter in pain. That part I don't like. I am a mother that fixes things. I want to fix everything, the pain of childbirth I can't fix. I wish I could. Lord knows I have seen my share of women in labor. But they weren't my child. She is prepared and she has my strength. and she has the best husband to hold her hand. I have got about three weeks to get ready for my heart to jump into my throat and choke me with joy and emotion.

No comments: